The Budge-Nuzzard

My brain has children. This is one of them. Click post titles for the podcast version.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weem-Ti

Newly arrived and hideously gnawed.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Looming Fruits

No sooner had the Sha-Una borne me out of that Voonish town than did upon the horizon jiggle the far and barely discernable leaping of my wicked progeny’s terrible minions. Whatever puissance kept them at bay while in that town we lay is ours to succor ourselves within no longer. Even now I see that black jiggling grow as it surges toward us, filled with robiderance and budging hate.


“Onward,” I cried to the Sha-Una, and onward did my ally stride. As I peek from within my pouch I recall with glee the parting words of that Jouncey fellow.


“Forth to the Enthoovian, and let no rumpling set thee aside, for ever are the ways of Weems the ways of Pans and Looming Fruits. Like apples for instance, or those really tasty sort of grapes.”


On reflection it occurs to me that I haven’t the bleariest idea what meaning lies in such a message but that it was given me by such a fine fellow is reason enough for untold glee. Thence do I grin upon the road and pat my loping marsupial upon the haunch. Onward. Onward indeed! And let that leaping menace give chase as it may, for who can match the loping wonder of the Sha-Una at speed.

Thus did we lope into the gloaming, far afoot of the Leapers Wee.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The unfolding of the tale draws me in the lurkers the leapers the wonder! Alas the sign (with costless shipping) is to large for my sack for oranges or my nalgene bottle. Is there any hope of a smaller sign? Also how may I tell a true weem from a person who is merely weemish?

Saturday, June 24, 2006 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Thaddeus Glapp said...

Never could a smaller sign proclaim my creed so sure.

Often Weems both wobine and noble can be spied upon the on-ramps of the highest roads, bearing signs of various import and coded intent. But in the words of Thaddeus Glapp, "Of Weem and Woad there may be but little seen, and littler told." So true.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 1:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home